The following guidelines will ensure that you are the main focus of your pictures (rather than your clothing) and you look as flattering as possible!
- Choose 1-2 neutral colors and 1-2 accent tones to tie into everyone's outfit
- Avoid a lot of crazy patterns (stripes or flowers). If you do include a pattern make it an accent and put it only on 1-2 people in the group
- Choose 3 colors total for the group and coordinate (do not match - the 90's called and they want their 'all white-shirts and jeans' pictures back)
- Avoid wearing tops with logos, characters, graphics, or labels
- Avoid a lot of black and white unless that is a theme that you are going for
If you are coordinating a large family, the easiest thing to do is tell everyone to wear a combination of three colors. For example: grey, black, and blue. Or if you would like more color in your images add one strong accent color such as red, yellow, or orange.
Feel free to email images of outfits to me and I'm more than happy to give you feedback!
Here are some examples of things that work: